Join our team as the Safety Officer at Anamosa State Penitentiary. In this position you will have safety oversight of the facility.
- Research and review current regulations, interpretations and requirements form various publications and organizations such as OSHA, NFPA, EPA, DNR.
- Maintain, develop and implement training for staff and offenders regarding safety issues ranging from Bloodborne Pathogens to fire extinguisher training and chain saw safety.
- Ensure proper documentation of all such training.
- Conduct regular inspections of all areas and departments of the institution to ensure compliance with safety and health laws and regulations.
- Provide a monthly report detailing findings of inspections noting deficiencies, problems or concerns for area supervisor to address and correct.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in occupational and environmental health, engineering or human resources management;
four years of full-time professional work experience in human resources/safety administration (i.e. development and implementation of a safety program, accident prevention, loss control, facility inspection, employee training);
an equivalent combination of qualifying education and experience totaling four years.