Company: QPS Employment Group (Client based in Kossuth County, Iowa)
Direct Hire, permanent role
Our client has asked us to assist them in finding their next EHS Manager. Growing, stable & sought after organization is seeking an EHS Manager to manage, develop and administer safety and environment functions. This will include Workers Compensation and Safety Training.
- Conduct and coordinate training programs in Occupational Health
- Ensure compliance to EH&S Systems (ISO14000)
- Lead safety team in audits; physical conditions and safe work practices. Practice process improvement & corrective action
- Participate in CI efforts across the plant
- Manage workers compensation program internally; work with outside claims administrators and case managers. Ensure best medical attention is given while still managing costs.
- Develop and implement security programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of Lockout/Tagout; Confined Space; First Aid and CPR; Bloodborne Pathogens; Hazard Communication; Emergency Response; Evacuation; Security
- A bachelor’s degree in Safety, EHS or related field, plus 10 years of experience as a safety professional
- 5 years of safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of state and federal laws (OSHA)
- Meet requirements of 40 CFR 264/265.16 (NR 630.16)
- Strong organizational skills & excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated management skills
For more information or to apply please click here