REGIONAL SAFETY COORDINATOR – IAMU20200409-IAMU-Regional-Safety-Coordinator-Position-SGNC-1.pdf
Job Summary: provide direct assistance and consultation to the Safety Services department that includes, but not limited to training, developing/customizing written plans and processes for IOSHA compliance, reviews, audits, and site assessments; assisting members to comply with regulations. Representing IAMU in public appearances; working with IAMU staff members on matters of common concern; and, performing such other duties as deemed appropriate. The person selected will be expected to live in one of the following Iowa counties: Kossuth, Winnebago, Hancock, Cerro Gordo, Mitchell, or Floyd in geographic proximity to the safety group members.
Background: The Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities (IAMU) is seeking a Regional Safety Coordinator to fill a full-time position to provide safety services and support to one of our safety groups in north central Iowa. IAMU is located in Ankeny, Iowa, IAMU is a trade association serving cities that operate electric, gas, water and/or broadband utilities in Iowa. The association’s 25-acre state-of-the-art training & office complex includes an 11-acre Safety and Training Field.
Minimum Qualifications: safety related four-year college degree or equivalent safety or training work experience in area of safety service.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required. Customer service skills demonstrating an ability to listen, understand and respond to external and internal customers’ needs in a timely manner.
- Ability to present in a classroom environment.
- Ability to perform a variety of computer functions along with audio / visual equipment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, demonstrated experience in detail-oriented tasks requiring a high degree of accuracy, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and work with various staff with multiple deadlines.
- Team player with passion, drive and the ability to self-start and work with limited supervision.
- On occasion, duties will require more than 40-hours a week. There could be occasions that the position may require evening and weekend work if an incident investigation arises.
- Hold and maintain a valid Drivers License.
- Be able to attain any license, certificate or endorsement that might be required for the position, at IAMU’s expenses.
- This position requires travel within the geographic area of the safety group. Reporting site will be the assigned safety group facilities with occasional meetings at IAMU offices in Ankeny.
Salary $56,000-$79,000 based upon experience. Transportation will be covered either by mileage reimbursement or a company supplied vehicle. Join a team of dedicated professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our members. If you are interested in sharing your experience and knowledge, you are encouraged to apply for this opportunity. IAMU offers an excellent benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will be required to pass a post-offer pre-employment criminal background check and a drug and alcohol test.
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to:
Dawn Hyler, Director of Finance
Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities
1735 NE 70th Ave, Ankeny, IA 50021-9353