Field Safety Coordinator – PAR Electrical Contractors / Longfellow Drilling
Posted: Mar 05, 2019
Field Safety Coordinator
The Field Safety Coordinator is responsible for supporting and assisting operational personnel in the implementation of the PAR Electrical Contractors Inc. dba Longfellow Drilling Safety Program. The Field Safety Coordinator serves as a technical resource that is responsible for performing in-depth analysis, developing interventions aimed at reducing job losses, providing necessary training and education to all employees, and performing job site visits and audits. The overall goal is to continuously improve Safety awareness, practices, culture and statistical safety results year after year.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance in the implementation of all areas of the company safety program
- Provide training and education of staff in safety philosophies and safe work practices Training topics may include CPR/First Aid, Excavation Safety, Confined Space Safety, Rigging and Signaling, Work Area Protection, Defensive Driving, etc.
- Perform job site visits, documenting safe and unsafe work practices. Visits should be conducted with an operations representative onsite and all findings accurately communicated and addressed with field personnel.
- Track and verify that corrective actions are completed in a timely manner for hazards identified.
- Complete and review incident reports to determine root cause and ensure corrective actions are completed. Active involvement in investigating all OSHA recordables and high loss potential incidents.
- Assist operations with incident analysis procedures
- Attend a minimum of one weekly tailboard talk.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 year college degree or industry related courses.
- Clean driving record
- Certifications such as ASP, OSHA 10, 30, 500, 501 & 510 etc. preferred.
This position is a traveling position. We have many job sites across the lower 48 states.
Please contact Jim Turner at email@example.com or 515-201-7888.