To post new opportunities to this site, please click here
Join our team as the Safety Officer at Anamosa State Penitentiary. In this position you will have safety oversight of the facility.
- Research and review current regulations, interpretations and requirements form various publications and organizations such as OSHA, NFPA, EPA, DNR.
- Maintain, develop and implement training for staff and offenders regarding safety issues ranging from Bloodborne Pathogens to fire extinguisher training and chain saw safety.
- Ensure proper documentation of all such training.
- Conduct regular inspections of all areas and departments of the institution to ensure compliance with safety and health laws and regulations.
- Provide a monthly report detailing findings of inspections noting deficiencies, problems or concerns for area supervisor to address and correct.