Lennox – Safety Engineer II
Posted: May 06, 2019
Under general supervision, develops, implements and monitors programs that drive year-over-year improvement in safety and ergonomics performance and maintain highest environmental quality standards.
Involved in the design and development of facilities, work areas and work procedures and makes health, safety and environmental (HSE) recommendations accordingly.
- Participates in the development of methods to drive continuous improvement of HSE practices.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining, and updating health, safety, and environmental policy and procedure manuals.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with all HSE regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- May serve as a contact with regulatory bodies.
Education and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one year related experience in safety and health.
- Knowledge of health, safety, environmental and workers compensation best practices.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills that result in effective communication.
- Knowledge in developing and implementing effective training programs.
- Expertise in driving continuous improvement in HSE.